Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project #2

Through this past project I learned the necessity of giving myself time to "stew". The timeline was shorter for this project and I didn't work in the time needed to fully develop an ideal that fell into that ideal balance between fully formed and still malleable. That stage where you are in love with the idea enough to pursue it as it changes and yet not so committed that you're ready to tie the not right there and then before it's had a chance to fully realize its potential.

Perhaps that also had to do with working with a partner. In the early stages of brainstorming having a partner was brilliant, and all through the working on the computer is was incredible helpful (and I think Becky and I made a pretty cohesive team) but I'm naturally a very accommodating person and it's possible that I didn't pursue any ideas too far for fear of straying from our joint vision.

And I might have been a more effective and helpful partner had I ran after some ideas with a little more gusto and given myself room to explore a little before we started pursuing our common vision.

Still, I'm fairly happy with the final product and I'm going to try my very hardest to take the advice off of our poster and "revel" in all of the uncertainties and discomforts of exploration.

By Kate Pritchard

No comments:

Post a Comment