Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Arch


I just wanted to share with y'all how much I enjoyed last nights event. I don't think I've ever been at such an uplifting gathering, or should I say Minga, before. To see the enthusiasm for change throughout everyone there surely tinged me an optimist for the future. For the first time in my young life I was proud to be from the Tacoma area, a pride I never thought I would feel. Also, extremely proud to be a student at PLU! Our community played a wonderfully large hand last night and it was magical to see school pride so afloat. Craig Kielburger was outstanding; I thought his story and his passion was really incredible. The Arch; its easy to see why he is the Arch. He's so captivating! I found myself waiting on every word he flawlessly delivered. Such a tender but strong man, and though his story was very biblical, i feel it's a message that can affect many a group. I don't consider myself religious in the least bit, but his message rang universal with me. I feel inspired!

I took the picture with my phone, sorry for the bad quality. Tacoma was sparkling after "Be the Spark"! Thought it was neat-o.

Anyways, just wanted to share some thoughts.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Nev

No comments:

Post a Comment