Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Digital Storytelling

First of I just want to say that all of your projects were amazing! The images and the music that you all chose were perfect, and I liked how different the tones of each story were, despite the fact that we were all given the same task and the same topic. I think it captured the fact that there is an infinite variety of ways that youth violence can affect people.

I was not altogether happy with my final project. Sitting in the DMC after a marathon of working on my video for a good 5 hours straight, I was not happy with my audio, but couldn't bring myself to take the time to fix it. At the time I was happy with my decision to not include any music, I thought that it fit with my images and the tone that I wanted to portray. After seeing how much music added to all of your projects, however, I left feeling like mine was a little empty, or at least lacking. So I'm going to go back and add music and fix up my audio because I liked my images, and I thought that my story had potential.

My process for the project was to first get my story cut down to what was really needed. From there I recorded and edited that audio and then I started thinking of metaphorical ways that I could use images. I found that I have kind of a strange tendency to take pictures of my feet when I go places, so I thought that I would use pictures of my feet to symbolize journey and the passage of time. I used the image of the plant because I felt like fear had planted some doubt in the pit of stomach and grew as time passed.

In trying to find music, I couldn't seem to find something that fit the mood of the piece - all the songs I listened to seemed either too sad or too upbeat. But I found a song on a benefit cd for the DR Congo with Congolese women singing and it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment